Welcome! This is my journey through life.  I make daily efforts to make sure I am being the best version of myself and living the best version of my life.  Some days are great successes, and some days are a struggle.  My history with depression and anxiety will not hold me back from living a happy and full life. Read on for more info., and enjoy :)

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Precious Moments ♥

So something that I have not mentioned yet (as it will be written about in my "About Me" post), is that my Momma passed away recently.

That is one of the reasons I am doing this blog, is to try and log my positive momentum so that when I am feeling weak and struggling, I can see the strength that my Momma has given to me. It's something constructive to do for me at this time.

When I was around 13 years old, out family had to put my dog down. This was one of the hardest things I have ever gone through - well actually at that time in my life, it was! This loss was extremely difficult for me as it was the first loss that I could truly understand, and being the animal lover I am it was extremely hard to say good bye to my girl.

My Momma and I had come across an article in a magazine around this time where it made a suggestion to aid in the healing process after losing a loved one. It was to write a message on to a helium balloon, and let it go.

The idea behind this is of course that your sending a message to your angel, and when the balloon floats up passed the clouds it will reach them. So my Momma and I would do this on Maxi's birthday (that was our dog's name) each year, and any time we ever missed her.

Then when I was about 17 or 18 my Aunty passed away from cancer. This was the first loss I went through with a family member where I was old enough to understand.  It was a very sad, somber process and it just broke my heart in half. This was my mom's sister-in-law, and they were very close (as my family is, extended family too)!
After this loss, my Momma and I released a new balloon, one for my Aunty too.

When my Momma was in the hospital and I was telling her things, even though she was "conscious" to reply, I told her that I will always release a balloon for her too, and for her to watch for them. I put the word "conscious" in quotation marks because even though that is what the doctors said, I believe that she could hear me, and feel that I was there.

Yesterday marked the one month of her passing. It was a very emotional and challenging day, as each day has been and will continue to be.
I took my Dad up to the spot where my Momma and I would release our balloons, and he and I sent a special message to her ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment