Welcome! This is my journey through life.  I make daily efforts to make sure I am being the best version of myself and living the best version of my life.  Some days are great successes, and some days are a struggle.  My history with depression and anxiety will not hold me back from living a happy and full life. Read on for more info., and enjoy :)

Monday, January 25, 2016

h a p p y . m o n d a y *

Happy Monday everyone!

Mondays are usually the hardest day for me (well, not many people I know love Mondays!).  One of the reasons that Monday's are extra-challenging for me is because I don't have to work until 12 PM.  With my depression, I find it very difficult to be alone in the morning when everyone is out and about.  Often times I will sleep in more than usual, I will feel like I don't have enough time to leave the house so I will stick around and that just makes me feel lonely, unproductive, and lazy.  These feelings are awful to have if you struggle with depression.  

This morning I woke up and had a nice cup of coffee while I worked on my husband and I's budget plan (more to come on that..!).  After that, I took our little fur baby to the dog park (where I thoroughly enjoyed the fresh air and watching her play), stopped at the bank on the way home (to complete the budgeting from earlier), and then enjoyed a lovely phone conversation with my Papa Bear :)

Further, I enjoyed getting a little creative in the kitchen today...


This mornings green smoothie (mango, banana, spinach, avocado, chia seeds, almond milk, topped w/ crushed walnuts) and my little fur baby ♥

This afternoons apple with all natural peanut butter, and my chickpea "egg salad" sandwich (toast w/ chickpeas, mustard, chopped pickles and red pepper)

This evenings ceasar salad, complete with fresh made croutons, and homemade ceasar dressing (1 cup raw cashews, 1 cup non-dairy milk, 2 tsp dijon, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 3 cloves garlic, salt & pepper to taste)
I have been an on-and-off vegetarian since I was about thirteen years old.  Lately, I have been paying much more attention to my vegetarianism as I am considering and hopefully going to transition into being more of a vegan.  I will make a post another day about my reasons for this decision, but let it be clear that I am not a preacher about it, I will certainly not be in your face about it.

Hope you all had a lovely Monday! Although it may not be our favorite day of the week, it is the day that sets our week up for success! 

No comments:

Post a Comment